10.02.2011

Covered in Strings {or why I hate hot glue}

I recently sent a friend a picture of Little Miss with a felt bow headband. Despite some concerns about being bold enough to wear it, she requested her own. Since her birthday happens to be coming up I hoped right to it.

Purple is her favorite color. Low and behold, in my random stash of felt I had a beautiful color of purple (that also happend to have fun sparkels). So that was easy enough. Off to Hobby Lobby I went to buy headbands (among other things). Well they come in a two pack, so I had to come up with another idea. 


A couple of months ago, I bought a row of flowers with the intention to do something with it. Oh, how many times Hobby Lobby makes me buy something to do something with! Well I finally found that something. Well, at least that something for one of the flowers.


So I cut out a single flower, added some hot glue, and vola!



Now, for the bow I followed this tutorial {very} loosely to make the bow. Only I used hot glue. I hate hot glue. But little miss doesn't take that long of naps so I was under a time crunch!




And here they are. I can't wait for pictures of her wearing them!





Here's Where I'm Partying:







2 comments:

  1. love it!!! How creative.. I would LOVE for you to link it to my Pin Inspirational Thursday Linky pweease.. :)) http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/10/pinspirations-pinterest-inspirational.html.. PS:officially following ya with smiles..:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so very cute!! Hobby Lobby can be dangerous!!
    Thanks for linking up to Show & Share!!

    ReplyDelete